View topic - Hershey 2012

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hershey 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:41 pm 
It's that time again to make plans for Hershey. I have the tickets for the Friday night firehouse dinner, same menu, for $19 per person. Do not wait until you get to Hershey to purchase your tickets, as I have to have a count to the caterer long before the show. My address can be found in the DBC newsletters, or if you are not a member and want to go to the meeting send me a PM. I can hold the tickets or send them to you if you provide me with a self addressed STAMPED envelope. Ham, roast beef, meatballs, and chicken. MMMM Chicken!

Post subject: Re: Hershey 2012
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:22 pm 
I've been waiting to add to this thread, but HR is for some reason taking their time with getting the maps posted. I wanted to suggest to newbies to Hershey to print out the field maps and familiarise yourselves with them. The field maps SHOULD be available by going to AACA's site, then regions, then Hershey Region. There's a place to click to show the field maps BUT for whatever reason they aren't there yet? Maybe some others have suggestions of what they do at Hershey? My suggestions would be buy a program, wear good walking shoes, be prepared for rain, snow or baking in the sun. Know what you are looking for, don't ask if the part will fit your application. If you find something to buy ask if they have anything else for your car. A friend got a NOS ramp door for $10 for his Corvair rampside pickup by asking after buying a cheap part. The vendor didn't even get the door out to his tables because he didn't think anyone would want it. Wed. Thurs. are probably the best day to find parts. Friday is race car certification in the stadium and the get together at the BDC booth. The program has a listing of show cars and their classes. Friday night after the DBC dinner is a good time to mark down which classes you want to make sure you see. Oldest cars are USUALLY closest to the Hockersville Road. This year there is a special display of pre 1915 Horseless Carriage cars. These will be mostly tour cars, might not be AACA cars. Don't be surprised if you see an alternator, electronic ignition, or special brakes. No idea yet where this display will be. They will not be judged, just there to see and talk. This is special deal between AACA and HCCA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:17 pm 

Hello Doug,

It was great to meet you over Hershey! Thank you so much for the information you provided and making Stef & I feel welcome. We very much enjoyed our time in Hershey and meeting a number of the Dodge Brother members at the dinner. We were able to find a number of treasures (to me) which will certainly help in the restoration project.

We are looking forward to Hershey next year.

Best regards,
Dale

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:52 pm 
DaleEmmett wrote:
Hello Doug,

We are looking forward to Hershey next year.

Best regards,
Dale

That's the GOOD part. Glad you found some things to make your journey worthwhile. Doug