View topic - Verticle Magneto .... Any Info or one For Sale ??

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:43 pm 

I would like to find a Verticle Magneto to Fit or I can modify to fit my '27 Dodge Fast Four for my Gow Job Roadster.

Prefer to have one that was manufactured prior to 1935 or one that could have been available at that time.

Project is a Period Piece as much as possible.

Please let me know any Info or you can maul me at DESOTO6X2@AOL.COM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:59 pm 
I'm not sure I've ever seen a mag that would fit a fast four. Most tractors or cars I'm familiar with mount horizontal like early DB's. Later Vertex mags might work but aren't the look it sounds like you want. How about a Mallory distributor?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm 

There have been Verticle Magnetos since the '30s ... SCINTILLA is what I am hoping to find.

Many Early Race cars ran Scintilla or WICO or others.

Im lookin for a Mag ... But would be intrested in seeing your Mallory & know the Date it was Manufactured first.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:22 am 
I don't have any for sale. Only one I have is for a flathead Ford. There are some small ones made for VW, which would need modified. Take a look at Jalopy Journal.com, best hotrod site on the planet. Isn't a Vertex based on a Scintilla? I do have one of those for a VW, but am saving it for a project.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:32 pm 

DougWalters wrote:
I don't have any for sale. Only one I have is for a flathead Ford. There are some small ones made for VW, which would need modified. Take a look at Jalopy Journal.com, best hotrod site on the planet. Isn't a Vertex based on a Scintilla? I do have one of those for a VW, but am saving it for a project.

HAHAHAHA ..... Ryan Banned me from The Journal for LIFE , I cant even LOOK at it from my computer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:44 pm 
You must be a BAD boy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:17 am 

DougWalters wrote:
You must be a BAD boy!

Not Really, The Ultimate reason I was BANNED was Petty at Best .... He Didnt like My Opinion on some of the Garbage Cars he allowed & the Fact that when you say TRADITIONAL ... To me wasent Ford Explorer rear ends, S-10 transmissions & disk Brakes and then say how Period Perfect your car is.

The Truth Hurts ... Its his Site so he can do what he wants ... Kinda Sucks cus I like the Classified adds on the HAMB