View topic - Two split rims needed '17 DB

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:54 am 

I have two badly rusted split rims on the 25" wheels of my late '17 DB touring. Am seeking to purchase two excellent original replacements. According to the club resource "Wood Wheels" application photo and serial number charts these are Stanweld rims on Hayes wheels.
New tires /tubes /flaps are on their way to me already!
Thanks.

Attachments:
Louis 007.jpg
Louis 007.jpg [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 19578 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:08 am 

Do I dare even bring up in this club forum that I have also asked for help in the AACA Dodge Bros. forum that I am in need of these 25" rims? Well, yes, I'll dare to do that.

http://forums.aaca.org/f143/wanted-two- ... 67797.html

I posted a good representative set of photos of the rims my car requires there because some help was being offered. Fully expected when I started HERE that one of my brothers would have a couple of spares beyond their own needs.

This post is a reminder that I still need them and still hope the Club will come through. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:27 am 
Wayne,
When I saw your thread title, I assumed you are looking for 24" rims, so I didn't even open it!
There are two styles of 25" rims, that I know about, they have different rim locating 'locks" at the valve stem hole (I'm not talking about the lock that holds the ends of the rim together), and one style has "buttons" on the rim itself, where the other style has the "buttons" on the felloe band. My wheels are at a friend's place, and I don't remember which style mine use, but I think I have a few of the "other" style "left over." Which one do you need?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:27 am 

I need the style with the single "button". ID of the rim is 24", OD is 26", tire sits int the middle drop area at 25".

Attachments:
File comment: Single button on inside of rim maintains drive of a loosely bolted wheel as well as protecting the valve stem.
RimAlignFixture.JPG
RimAlignFixture.JPG [ 167.09 KiB | Viewed 19553 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:59 am 
Wayne,
Finally got to look at our rims. We have two extra rims, but neither are exactly like yours, one has a lip around the valve stem hole that serves for the locating pin, the has the "bumps" on it, so don't know if they will do you any good.
Do your wheels have the metal lip that covers most of the wooden felloe on the outside?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:39 am 

Yes, Dave, my wheels have the metal-over-felloe circumference. Pic to illustrate. Thanks.

To explain pic: One of my new tires it just draped around the wheel. There is of course NO RIM present.

Attachments:
DSCN3599.JPG
DSCN3599.JPG [ 176.42 KiB | Viewed 19530 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:18 pm 
Wayne,
That's what I thought. We have one of those wheels, but no rims. I can't guarantee that these rims would fit, even after you modify them with a location pin. So many variables in Dodge wheels!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:40 pm 

Over in AACA forums there is yet another fellow digging, needing time. I've always said this hobby teaches patience. Guess I'm getting the next lesson. Doubt I'll graduate though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:31 am 

The long search for two 25" split rims for my '17 DB touring is over. Actually it has been over for a while but Fed Ex picked up the wrong box on Mike West's porch to ship to me and it has been a month sorting out the consequences. This a.m. the correct box showed up (via UPS !) and after a change of drive stud on the inside of these rims, and media blasting of all, they will be ready for my car.

Thanks to Mike for digging DEEP into his stash to find a second rim and his persistence overall to get this done.
Thanks to ALL who have read this thread and offered suggestions, leads, thoughts.

Wayne