View topic - Any advise? Just purchased 1932 DL

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:01 pm 

Hello my name is James Sullivan. I am 38 years old and live in Arlington, Virginia. My father asked me to assist him this past weekend in cleaning a garage near my home where he had purchased a 1923 Ford Model T Touring. He is a member of the local Ford Model T club and had learned about the car through the club. He had indicated there was another car for sale in the garage, but he was unsure of the year, make, model, etc.

After the garage was opened, it was easy to tell it was a Dodge. A quick internet search revealed it is a 1932 based on the serial number 3572206. The car grew on me, and even though it is in rough shape, I bought it.

Yesterday we pulled out the Ford Model T. Both cars had been parked there in 1948. Hopefully we will remove the Dodge in the next few weeks. For some reason the front wheels had been removed and no longer have tires. Additionally I only have 3 wire wheels and few lug nuts. I found a fourth wheel on Ebay. Now I need to order tires and inner tubes. The last remaining tire indicates 5.25 X 18 as the size.

I primarily wanted to see if anyone had any advise as to parts sourcing, shop manuals, and do's and don'ts. I am an auto mechanic by trade and grew up working on Model T's and A's however I know absolutely nothing about 1930's Dodges.

Respectfully James Sullivan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:59 am 
Sounds exciting. Will you be able to post some pictures?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:21 pm 

I will be happy to post some pictures when we complete removing it from the extremely small garage.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:29 am 

James,
There is a fella on the Dodge Forum restoring a 32DL6. He goes by Taylormade. He has shared 75 pages of way good stuff as he's restoring a 32DL6. I am also restoring one as we speak. Taylor made is doing an A+ job. Mine's a B+ but progress is being made. It would be great to see pictures of your car. I'm and old guy and not smart enough to figure out how to work this forum??
I might have access to another car??? Let me know what you need. Parts for 30 through 32 are very difficult to find. I have been looking for a taillight for 60 years.
I have not yet figured out how to send pictures. This note may never get to you??
Torry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:36 am 

James,
I forgot to add, I can make you a copy of my original owners manual if you want.
Let me know. I'm not sure how people get back and forth with each other on this forum? Wait till you get old and you'll understand!
Torry