View topic - Chrysler museum petition

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:33 pm 

[David,
I have just followed this conversation with you and Doug. I too am an historical researcher and have spent MANY hours scanning and cataloging data and frequently share with others BUT am amazed at those who constantly infer that everyone's personal data should be digitally available to the whole world. Obviously these people have absolutely no idea of the magnitude of not only time but money it would take to even come close to accomplishing such an enormous task. Further just the time to scan these data would require someone (or several someones) to devote their waking hours to the task. Even more important is the time and cost to enter such data into an enormously expensive search engine would be prohibitive especially given the limited number of people with such passion for those data.
I dare say there is a minority of even our dedicated DBC members that care about research as a whole other than what would pertain to their specific interest! .
I personally applaud all the time Doug has spent and continues to do scanning all he already has done spending time that others obviously do not appreciate or understand.
Have you digitally scanned all your personal Truck data and submitted it to the DBC site of the AACA Library so any other TRUCK enthusiasts can have it readily available for free?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:43 pm 

I understand
Wishful thinking sometimes gets the best of me....

In a perfect world we would all contribute and the dream would become reality. However, we all know it's just not feasible, or practical to have it all in one location (I surrender). The registry site is still a very valid option though, we shall see in time if that ever takes off for the pre 1933 owners.

As for the Chrysler Museum though, I hope the dialogue can continue so that we can hopefully have access again someday. One can hope anyway.. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:18 pm 
Hi everyone, I have read all the post on this, a lot of back and forth,
I agree the Chrysler Museum will never give up their info, I have spent a day at the AACA library , their is a lot of info, and it easier to get it when you are there,
It is a little unfriendly when you are searching on line,
I wasn’t aware they would accept my information if I scan it and send it to them digital?
I have scan what little I have on 1933,34,35 trucks, it takes a while.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:59 pm 
Jesse, not sure who THEY are when you say they will take it if you scan it. But if you send it to AACA they keep it as theirs. If you send it to the club, ME, it goes in OUR DBC stash and anyone can use it but it is ours. Anything truck related would be good as we don't have much.