View topic - production dates chart question and wiring

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:13 pm 

Nate, Could you snap a pic. of both of your switches from the rear?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:44 am 

Rodger;
I have the four terminal switch removed so that's no problem and I can probably poke the camera under the dash and get a photo of the other. The hard part for me may be figuring out how to attach and send them. I'll seek the help of a nine year old if need be. It'll be a day or two but I'll do it.
My serial number is less than A-6640, (A 2076 I think). Does that make it a 23' or a 24'?
I guess I'll find out when I receive the manual I ordered but in the mean time I'm wondering where the heck the TDC marks are. I took the water pump off. The cam gear and the water pump gear both are marked with two dots on the teeth but no single dot in between any teeth. I used an engraver to witness the way they were meshed when I took it apart.
Also, the water pump impeller was drilled from one side only for the pin so can't be driven through for removal. I doubt I could get centered on the pin well enough to drill it out without buggering up the hole in the impeller so was thinking of drilling an exit hole and plugging that with a threaded plug after assembly. Any advice?
Thanks, Nat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:44 pm 

Nat, No problem I see from the CLUM P/N that the switch you show 'With only 4 posts' Is in fact a Clum field replacement for the DB P/N 19443, or North East P/N 4426-A and was used from '18 to '24. In all the years I have been cataloging Dodge Brothers Data that is the first one of those switches I have seen. It goes to show when you think you have all the answers someone changes the questions so it doesn't matter! Ha! See attached from Clum catalog. Note the special wiring diagram necessary to use that switch.

Attachments:
File comment: Clum Catalog Data
Pic_01.jpg
Pic_01.jpg [ 93.12 KiB | Viewed 9932 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:38 am 

Rodger;
Interesting. Thanks for the research.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:17 pm 

Found the serial number on the frame, 440891, sometime between Feb 11 and March 5, 1920. Got it to run. Videos posted on Facebook page. Found two different switch resistor units, one should work.
Thanks for everyone's help so far.