View topic - Finding Homes for Dads Cars

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:28 am 

My father was a member of the Dodge Brothers Club and a pretty avid vintage Dodge owner. He passed away last year. I am at a point where I need to sell his two vehicles and have very little idea of value. I was going to list them Hemming’s but thought I would reach out to the club first. My primary goal is to get them into the hands of someone who will carry on with them the way he did at a fair price. Im curious if members in your club would have ideas or interest. They are a 26’ four door Deluxe, unrestored with 3 registered owners and only 2 drivers, and a 24’ Screenside delivery van which was originally purchased for the city’s truant officer and then I believe became a delivery vehicle for a local pharmacy. I believe both are in pretty good shape, unrestored, and both were running a while back but i don’t know the exact status. He toured around the Northwest with his club with the 26 in the past but neither have been driven for a while. I don’t know much about them or their status beyond that, but i believe he told me the 26’ had a crack in the block which made it noisy and he does have a 2nd B block which he was getting ready to change out. Both are stored in a shop so no exposure.
Any help would be appreciated,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:57 pm 

Ethan;
I suggest you use Hemming's, ebay and google as a gauge of what those cars are worth. I hope more knowledgeable experts will weigh in with disagreement but from what I've seen restored value is about $15000. A losing proposition for most restorations.
Unrestored, complete and operable is worth quite a lot.
Post some photos. You'll find a taker.