View topic - Parts for 1923 DB Roadster

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:50 pm 

Being new to the DB Forum, I’m not sure how this should work. So, if I am out of line in the topic, or the manner I post it to the message board, it is unintended and I expect to be told so.
I recently bought a 1923 DB Roadster which was a frame off, ground up, restoration began by a avid antique car restoration buff in 1976. Sadly, he became sidelined with other life changing activities and the car has sat unfinished for the past 30 or 40 years. I now have the car near enough finished that it is apparent that I will have a lot of spare parts left over, and at my age, can not realistically hope to ever have a use for them. I am located about 38 miles south of Seattle, Washington, and that should give you a idea of whether or not these parts can be picked up. I cannot pay postage on these things because they are both massive in size and weigh a lot.
As far as I can tell these parts are for a 1923 DB Roadster, but, if you have a parts interchange book, maybe they can be used elsewhere.
I do not sell anything. If I list it here, and you can pick it up in Tacoma, Washington, it belongs to you. However, if you do have excess top material, engine stuff or upholstery (seat springs) trades are welcome. These parts include, but are given away as is, where is, and they are 1923 vintage parts.....Two DB Roadster doors, loads of clutch disks, a couple of steering gears and complete transmissions. A water pump with shaft and some other odds and ends I haven’t even checked yet. I don’t want to see this irreplaceable, and all too often very expensive stuff go to waste. If interested, and it is understood that I will not UPS or FEDEX you a transmission, PM me and let’s talk.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:22 pm 

It was in good faith that I posted the article offering to provide parts, I thought were all from a 1923 Dodge Roadster, to anyone wanting them, free of charge.
However, as I progressed through restoring my own 1923 Dodge Roadster, and have increased my knowledge of these cars, I may have been excusably wrong.
I have found that the set of doors I originally thought were used on a 1923 Dodge Roadster were probably the rear doors from a 1920’s Dodge touring car.
Likewise, I have several clutch and transmissions that I had incorrectly assumed were from a Roadster. However, as I looked at the assemblies I find that, although the cases look remarkably similar, irreconcilable differences, such as the pedal locations and way they are mounted on the assemblies makes me think they may be from a 1923 Dodge but, most certainly, not from a Roadster.
I do still have some non-vented hood parts, a couple of the covers which install to cover the area below the radiator to the front spring shackles. These do match the crank hole on my Roadster, and I’m comfortable in believing they are from a Roadster.
One of the most valuable articles I have read in regards to working on these cars was a piece posted to the forum some time ago by Rodger (Dodger) Hartley in which he noted the Dodge Brothers infatuation with the 2” measurement in the construction of their cars. And, in this case, solved the mystery of why the floor boards I cut, from patterns furnished with the car, didn’t fit.
In this case, the patterns were, as were a number of the loose parts I got, from a touring sedan rather than a Roadster. The firewall on the 1923 Dodge Roadster is only 2” taller than the firewall of a 1923 Dodge touring car.....but it sure make as big difference when the boards have been cut, and nothing fits.
So, anyone in the Seattle/Tacoma area who are restoring or repairing a old Dodge, and needs some transmission/clutch/body parts, PM me and let’s talk.
And, I’m looking for a set tail lights which will not look too gaudy when I finish up the tail/brake/turn signals on my Roadster.
Jack

Attachments:
D9BD7ECF-C3DF-4CC0-AB45-0D8D605CD2EC.jpeg
D9BD7ECF-C3DF-4CC0-AB45-0D8D605CD2EC.jpeg [ 157.86 KiB | Viewed 11273 times ]