Ken will be posting a Question later

Attachments:
P1010522.JPG
P1010522.JPG [ 389.14 KiB | Viewed 14383 times ]
P1010521.JPG
P1010521.JPG [ 293.38 KiB | Viewed 14384 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Ken Wright Post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 pm 

Fortunate to have the original rear floor matt for my 1926 Sedan. The original wood flooring had been replaced by the previous owner. The floor matt has brass rings (photo attached ) but I'm not sure what type of connector goes onto the wood floor boards to hold the floor matt in place. Appreciate if anyone could provide some guidance .

Thanks Ken
DBC 7051

Post subject: Re: Ken White Post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:03 pm 

Is there a little spring loaded wire inside that ring? I THINK there were screws with a bulb on top, slot for screwdriver that this fit over. Several around perimeter of floor.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:15 pm 

Thanks Doug,

I counted 8 clips sewed into the floor matt. There are split copper ring inside the clips that are still on the floor matt. As you mention it would make sense some type of button top clip, fastened to the wood floor, would clip into them. I will re-check my remaining bags of fasteners and clips to see if I can find one original to work with to make / buy others.

Additionally looking at the clips closely, could make out they are made by the CARR FAST CO. CANADA - PAT / 13

Ken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:34 pm 

A guy could spend a lot of time looking for the right ones that would have been patented but I would guarantee you, if it was patented, then the drawings are online somewhere. I've found a few of them that were close but since you have the parts in hand you may want to look through these to see if you can find a match which in turn will help you answer how they attach. Btw, they also had a specific tool similar to needle nose pliers designed to fasten them if you click through those patents you'll see those tools invented by Carr.

I'm posting the USPTO and the Canadian Patent Office links because I'm not sure which office your fastener would have been filed in.

Here's the Canadian patent link you will need:
https://www.ic.gc.ca/opic-cipo/cpd/eng/ ... sic_search

On Canadian site, click on the patent number link to view drawings of each design.
Once you click on patent # then you'll click on "documents" to the far right and then you will see links come up that say drawings, claims and description. Click on drawings to compare.

And here's the USPTO link. Always pay attention to dates cause you're looking for something prior to July 1926:
https://www.freepatentsonline.com/resul ... sort=chron

On the USPTO site you'll see the word highlighted in the middle of the page such as "fastener" or "seperable fastener". Notice the lower the number on the left is from an earlier time frame. Once you click on the word fastener you'll see on the bottom left "view patent images". Click on that link to view each one.

get used to using the back button to go back to the main page with all the patent #'s so you can try clicking on each one.

Here's the one that I found that looks similar to what your clip is.

Attachments:
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg [ 68.45 KiB | Viewed 14355 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:26 am 

Hi David,

Thank you for your detailed and well described response. I look forward to viewing the links you provided.

I will post a photo when I find the solution and have the rear floor matt clipped in place once again; hopefully to see use later this year taking my Mom and my Uncle Tom for a promised ride after this pandemic is under control.

Ken