View topic - Difference of the Roadster and Sport Roadster

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:32 pm 

I have 1927 Roadster and wondered if it is actually a Sport Roadster Model? Nickel plated drum headlights, wire wheels, and rumble seat. All which are common to a 27 Sport Roadster but could might have been added as options for a standard Roadster? Through the years just what were the differences of the two types of Roadsters?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:54 pm 

RaymondHubbard wrote:
I have 1927 Roadster and wondered if it is actually a Sport Roadster Model? Nickel plated drum headlights, wire wheels, and rumble seat. All which are common to a 27 Sport Roadster but could might have been added as options for a standard Roadster? Through the years just what were the differences of the two types of Roadsters?

Hi Raymond, I have looked for similar information and been helped by others on this site and the AACA Dodge Brothers forum. Some of the most useful info is in the book the Dodge Story. The relevant pages were just posted by 30DodgePanel on the DB forum at ( https://forums.aaca.org/topic/369222-19 ... nt-2277580 ). I would be happy to chat some time as well. I only have a part of a car, but I believe that mine was a 1927 Sports Roadster as well. I still have many questions about the options, the two types of wire wheels, and the paint.