View topic - Thanks Rick

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks Rick
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:56 pm 
Haven't looked for a few days, been busy with Hershey. Rick posted a bunch of Confidential Information papers that I scanned. Take a look. They are papers from DB to dealers. These go from 1922 to 1932. I was just given some more so I will be scanning again. If anyone has a collection I would love to add scans to this list. I would be most interested myself in early ones, don't know when they started. We need truck info and foreign delivery. THANKS Rick for putting them up for us to read.

Post subject: Re: Thanks Rick
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:23 am 

Incase anyone is curious, what's the best format to send items to you guys?

Also,
So everyone knows, do you prefer we email you directly or message you on this forum IF we have items to contribute?

I have another CD ready for you on truck info and hope to scan more truck data soon as time permits, or, would Rick prefer it in another format in order to post it on here?

Thanks again to all who have contributed time and resources.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:55 pm 
Snail mail it to me, message on here works. I copy it and add to the collection at the library before I send it to Rick. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:14 am 
Rick just posted service bulletins starting about 1932. For some reason they are not numbered, been having trouble with the computer that is hooked to the scanner. Lots of good stuff. THANKS Rick. I now have about 1350 dealer invoices from Pearl DB dealership in Canton, Ohio. I just finished scanning them today, will send them out soon. The new car invoices are from 1921 to 1930, shows lots of truck. Most have serial number and engine number along with prices. Lots of questions after doing this, like only about 6 cars were charged for a spare tire. SO does that mean the rest did not get a spare? Many of the factory brochures I have seen show a spare wheel with no tire. SO what happens when you have fender mount spares, like my DA, and don't buy spare tires?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:34 pm 
Rick just posted Dealer invoices for a dealer in Ohio, THANK YOU. They were given to the club and cover from 1922 to 1930 form DB to the dealer. Rick also posted Dealer contracts from a dealer just northeast of NYC. These are from the dealer to an individual. Both include serial and engine numbers plus options. Interesting reading to me as to what people were buying in different parts of the country. Lots of woodies in the NY batch. Some trucks in both, which include ratios and tire sizes for some. Hope it helps ID some stuff. It would be great for someone to find their car in these receipts. BTW, sorry for the two files. The scanner took a dump at about 1000 scans as it has done to me before. And the only cure seems to be to start a new file.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:14 pm 
Much thanks for posting invoices. Lots of trucks listed and Dave Young will be busy with all those ā€œDā€ GB/DB trucks.
These invoices download to a more useable PDF file on my I-pad. Very helpful.
Wish there was a listing for Stockton or ā€œSā€ invoices.
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:07 pm 
The guys at the library said they made it searchable. I have not tried it to see if it works. It SHOULD work on type written words, but not hand written.